Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In a Much Better Place

I just re-read my last entry. Wow, was I stressed! Although we have had a whirlwind of weekends since that entry, I am much calmer now.

First, the auction went very well. People have no idea how much work really goes into this. I did almost lose it when not one, but two people walked into the event carrying items for us. They have no idea. But we did raise a lot of money for the school. Probably about $23,000. Yippee!

The next weekend the girls had their dance recital. There is no better joy then seeing your kids up there smiling and dancing their hearts out. This year and next year are tough dance shows for us. Because of the way they do the shows, I have one kid in the early show and one kid in the later show. It makes a really long day for momma. On Saturday, I was there from 12:30 until 8:00. On Sunday I was there from 12:30-3:00 and from 5:00-9:00. Yowsa.

This past weekend I actually had a 4 day weekend. That would have been a bit more fun if we were not holding K's 10th birthday and N's 1st birthday party. It meant Friday was an all day affair of baking and house cleaning. Since DH is his usual disorganized self and I was being a lazy butt, we weren't as ready as we should have been. All and all the part went off without a hitch and I think everyone had a good time.

Sunday I worked my butt off. We had ordered 5 yards of mulch. I pretty much shovelled all of it into the wheel barrel and wheeled it over while S spread it all over the yard. I felt OK yesterday but seem to be much more sore today.

Yesterday was spent with getting the garden in. I dream about all the yummy things we will get to eat this summer.

1 comment:

S.u.s.a.n said...

{{hugs}} I'm glad you had 4 days off ... and hope you found some time to relax! Glad to hear the parties went well!

We mulched a few weeks ago - oh my aching back!