I hate the way I am feeling right now. It is 9 more days until the auction. I am so completely spent and tired it is not even funny. And the rest of the world is just pissing me off. Big time.
When we had our first auction meeting months ago I made an announcement. And that announcement was that things were going to be different this year. No last minute procuring of items. No last minute reservations. The item one was directed at this one specific woman. She is great at getting businesses to donate items. They cannot say no to her. My big issue, she starts a few days before the auction. This woman has no idea how long it takes to enter these items, organize things, get the auction catalog printed and putting together all the welcome packets for those attending.
Well, here we are 9 days before the auction and she has yet to give me an item. Sure, stuff has come in from other sources and we are doing fairly well, but when I saw her on Tuesday, she was a little miffed that I would be closing down the auction catalog over the weekend. Because I guess it is a little unreasonable of me to want to sleep before the auction occurs! What a bitch I am.
Sorry for the pissy entry, but heck, I am feeling pissy. I am really worried that I might lose it at the auction meeting tonight. If I make the news, please tell them what I nice person I am. Or was. Not even sure anymore.
Oh, and to make matters worse, I was talking to another Dad at the school the other day. An older woman came in and needed some help, so he left to help her. Later I saw the woman and asked how she made out. She told me "Oh, your son was so helpful!!". She thought the 31 year old Dad I was talking to was MY SON. MY SON. OK, officially off to sob now.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
((HUGS)) Sorry you are having such a tough time with the auction. That woman needs to get her fanny in gear and get things done when they need to be. The older lady must need her eyes check. Glaucoma I am sure. There is no way you look old enough to be a mother of a 31 yr old.
It's almost over. May I suggest you consume a rather large bottle of wine?
Old ladies cannot see well - at all. I still remember being 9 years old and in a store with my mom. WE had just had my baby sister's picture taken and she was all decked out in PINK ... and a little old lady came up and said "Awww how adorable - is it a boy or a girl?"
(((((((HUGS)))))) It is almost over!! OMG there is no way you look like you have a 31 yr old son. Was she blind?
OMG.
Go to Big Y and by beer. They'll card you for sure and your self esteem will get an immediate boost.
Post a Comment