Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Educating Them Young

This morning K asked if she could check her email, to which I answered yes. She and DD J sat in front of the computer and were laughing and giggling. As I was getting ready for work, I hear "Oh no! We better forward this to FIVE people!!!". I stopped to see what was going on.

K had gotten an email that told her she needed to forward it to five people in the next five minutes, otherwise she would have bad luck for years. LOL, she was a bit freaked out by this prospect. I sat for a minute and explained. Sometimes bad things just happen, sometimes bad things happen because people make bad decisions, but bad things will never happen if you don't forward an email. Also, you don't get anything free for forwarding an email, nothing will ever appear on your screen and wishes do not get granted. She now was more upset that a friend that would forward an email that contained a lie.

When I got downstairs, S asked me what was going on and I explained. I told him I felt the need to educate her because god knows, I don't want her turning into my MIL. Hee hee.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOL poor thing she was probably scared to death.