Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Dates

Tonight I was reading a blog and the entry was talking about her first date with someone. It made me think back to one of my earlier dates with S. It actually was our second official date since on our first date, I cooked him dinner. We were off to dinner and a movie and decided to go to the B.ertucci's across the street from the movie theater.

We both ordered a caesar salad. We were eating and chatting when he starting to cough. He couldn't stop and proceeded to tell me there was a piece of lettuce caught in his throat. Poor guy, couldn't catch a break. He was making all sorts of disgusting sounds in his throat, he was coughing his head off and all the eating and drinking was not helping. After a while, he was finally OK.

The rest of the meal was uneventful. He paid and then we both decided to go to the bathroom before heading over to the movie theater. I go into the ladies room, do my thing and then go and wait for him. He was taking a long time! I was beginning to think that maybe he had climbed out the window in the bathroom. I swear, it was a good 15-20 minutes before he exited that bathroom.

We still laugh about that date. He still jokes about how awful it felt to get that piece of lettuce stuck in his throat. He totally loses it when he tells me what a hairy poop he took in that bathroom. He figured he was taking so long that there was no way I would still be out there.

Some may say that the early dates with your eventual DH are as good as it gets. Thankfully, it wasn't the case for me.

No comments: