Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Cranky Flag is Waving Here

I worked at a really fun place at my first job out of college. I had actually started there as a co-op student and they gave me an offer almost a full year before I graduated. I loved working at that place. We were all early to mid twenty somethings with very little care. I spent a lot of time just hanging out after work with these folks. One guy in particular could always crack me up.

Jim was a great guy and he fully admitted he just didn't understand woman and our moods. One day he came up with an idea, he would make a "Cranky Flag" and if you were feeling cranky, you would come grab the flag from his office and hang it outside yours. That way he knew what to expect if he needed to talk to you. Some days it was funny to see a couple of us all justifying why we were crankier than the others and why we should have the honor of having the flag. It was a riot.

I have no idea where Jim is now, but boy, could I use his flag lately. I am beyond cranky right now. I can't put my finger on any one thing, I think it is just a lot of things that are all adding up. Tis the season I guess.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope you can put the cranky flag away shortly. I am sending you a cyber hug, a cyber case of wine, and cyber earplugs to drown out the noise so you can de-crank in peace.