Friday, August 29, 2008

The Lazy Days of Summer

I always feel a bit sad when Labor Day approaches. It is the end of the summer and very soon the nice weather will be gone. A few mornings this week it was downright chilly out and one day I actually turned on the seat warmer in my car. Of course, those who have taken a walk with me on the beach in Maine in March will know that I am not afraid of the cold weather. (Hi Carie and Jess!!).

Kids go back to school on Wednesday. I've decided to make it a super long weekend by taking off both Tuesday and Wednesday. And since it is back to school time, I have the ever persistent battle with THE BUS. Yes folks, those who have known me know this is my September ritual. They send the bus up my street to pick up a girl at the top of the hill. They then send the bus back down the hill right back by my house. And yes, yet again they want my kids to walk almost 3 blocks to another bus stop. I have no idea why they do this. But this year we are banding together. There are now 4 families (3 of us can see each other's houses from the end of our driveways) are demanding a meeting. We want this fixed!!! Of course, you know 2 weeks from now I will still be lamenting this issue. Sigh....

Have a good long weekend everyone!

No comments: