Thursday, November 09, 2006

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth

Although I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, it sure feels like it at times. I went back to work the first Monday in October to find that 13 people had quit that morning. What that basically means is there is still the same amount of work that needs to be done, just less of us to do it. I was behind before I even sat at my desk that morning and have been under the gun ever since. I had hoped that since I started back to work in October, that the holidays this year would be sort of relaxed for me because how could I possibly be under the gun for a project. HA HA HA!! I am so far behind it isn't funny, but what's a girl to do.

Baby N is doing fabulous being home with S. The bond between them has really grown since I have been back to work. And he truly is a love. The older kids are doing great too. The girls are just loving school. Our new principal is kicking butt and she is addressing lots of issues that have gone on in the past and I am thrilled beyond words. DS J is having a blast in preschool too.

Life the last 3 weeks has been a bit psycho. When we started back to school in September, I got wind that we were cancelling one of our biggest fundraisers for the school because the new parent running it had freaked and didn't think she could do it. Of course, you all know where this is going. Da da daaaaa!!! Yes, I decided to step up to the plate and make sure this happened. My original roll was to help the event chair along by feeding her tasks and making sure things happened. Well, that would have worked if the event chair wasn't a complete airhead. Her heart is in the right place, but she does not have an organizational thread in her body. Ugh! The last 3 weeks I have been psycho woman, up until 1 am every night working on this. Thankfully, it is over and we pulled it off. But I am so tired right now!

Other than that, you are all in my thoughts! I moved this sucker here because blogdrive was driving me batty. Every time I would start a post I wouldn't be able to even log in. So, we shall see how this works.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to cyberspace. Try to take a bit of a breather and enjoy the holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Well hello there I thought you were kidnapped by that Alien running around hee hee. I'm glad are going smoothly at home. Get some rest Momma loves you!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you, Linda. Glad to hear things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Welcome back ;0) I haved missed you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, friend!! I am so glad to catch up with you a little bit. I can never leave comments on blogdrive so this is good :0). I hope that you get an opportunity to slow down a little and enjoy the upcoming holidays. ((HUGS)) Think of you often.

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you. Sorry work has thrown you for a loop. Get some rest!

Anonymous said...

I missed you, Sweetie! Sorry you've been so busy. I hope the waters calm soon!

Anonymous said...

I've was just about to ticket you for lack of blogging!!! I am glad to hear you are ok, even if running like a mad woman. Post some pics of your beautiful kiddos when you can!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back.
Glad to hear everything is the same chaos...it makes life lively!