Friday, November 17, 2006

A Rocket Scientist I Am Not

You know, I don't profess to be a brilliant person, but watching the news this morning made me wonder about all the people in the world who use their heads as hat racks. They were showing footage of folks who were waiting in line for the new Pl*ayStat*ion game. OK, fine by me. You want to camp out and wait, all the power to you. But where this gets silly is that the store has 20 of them and there are hundreds of people standing out there. Seems to me they should have handed out wristbands or something that says these 20 people get them and then have the police stationed outside to turn away those that are not going to get one.

Of course, they don't hand out the wristbands and when the door opens, people are trying to kill each other to get inside. People are being trampled and I am reading even one person was shot in CT. Of course the stores are trying to play dumb claiming they didn't know this was going to happen. Yeah right! Everyone knows that this was going to be one of the hard things to get for the holiday season, they should have done it right.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Here locally 3 people were robbed while camping outside of the Best Buy. People are freaking insane. First for camping out and second for paying $600 for those damn things.

Anonymous said...

Some of the stores were better organzied than that. We were issued numbers. If you didn't have your number, who could wait in case someone's payment didn't go thru, like a credit card, but other than that, you got nothing.

Anonymous said...

We were also escorted to our cars at the end by security and left in groups.

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand why there were no writsbands or tickets or a waiting list or something. That was my first thought. Most of the stores here got like 6 or 7 game units and they had lines all the way around the building. I don't know who I thought was more stupid, the people beyond #7 that stayed in line overnight or the management of the stores for not handling the situation a little better.