This is the wrong time of the year for me to have a post complaining about the school bus. Those happen when school first starts! But nope, I have a bus complaining post in JANUARY!
Twice last week the bus was so late that S had to take the girls to school. It so throws off our whole morning. To top it off, she was late on the coldest moring of the year. They waited outside for her for twenty minutes when it was 8 degrees out! That afternoon, S asked the driver what happened, and she commented on how she needed to rush her Dad to the hospital. Although I feel for her, how come the bus company does not have a replacement driver for her? Or at least call all the parents to let us know she is not coming.
When it happened the second time last week, S called the bus company. THEY HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS AN ISSUE!!!!!! I guess they have no idea where their drivers are at any time. Does not leave me with the warm fuzzies. This morning it happens again. Bus is supposed to arrive at 7:25, kids get out there a few minutes earlier and at 7:40, S gives up and brings the kids into the house. As he is in the garage, I see the bus fly past our house, doing at least 45-50 in a 30mph zone. Since the bus has to pass by our house on her way down the hill, he brings the kids back to the end of the driveway. Of course, the kids at the top of the hill gave up too, so she went up there for nothing. She tells S her Dad is now home from the hospital but she has things to do for him every morning, so she will be late every day. She claims she can still get the kids to school on time.
S and I kept having visions of the kids in the bus with it on their side because she is racing around town like a mad woman. This time I got on the phone with the bus folks and S called the school. This is so unacceptable it isn't funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG!! I can not believe that. Our buses has a radio and the dispather keeps ties on where they are. When Sean had to ride the bus last year that was my first question about the drivers and whether they are able to keep contact.
Post a Comment