Monday, September 17, 2007

My Poor Husband

I've been giving the S-man a hard time lately about his lack of organization skills. Especially the two weeks I was off and we got to spend time together around the house. I was constantly trying to give him pointers.

During the last few days of my vacation, the kids went back to school. A very nice school parent we know offered up some old school uniforms that her kids had outgrown. Although we didn't really need anything, I took them and figured if we couldn't use them, we would donate them back to the school for the used uniform rack. As we were getting out of the car on the first day of school, she threw a trash bag into the back of S's car. The fact that they were in a trash bag comes into play later.

Wednesday was the first day of school. The following Saturday, we were having DD J's 8th birthday party. Those who know me know that our parties are a big bash that I cook for 2 days for. So Thursday and Friday I was cooking like a madwoman. My other passion, fundraising, is already in full swing. On Friday, I had a 1100 piece mailing I needed to get out. As we went to load the mailing in the back of S's car, he removed the bag of uniforms and brought them into the house. Later that afternoon, I told him I didn't have time to do anything with the uniforms, get rid of them for the party and I will deal with them after it is over.

Fast forward to tonight. The phone rings and it is the school parent. She has mistakenly given us all of her kids gym uniforms and she needs them for tomorrow. I turn to S and ask where is the bag. He gets this look on his face. He looks in all the likely places and I can tell something is up. He can't find them! We surmise that he put them back in the garage, and after the party, they were just another garbage bag among the many. He loaded them all into the trash cans and now they are in the dump.

Oy! Thankfully, our friend was not too upset. He feels awful! Of course, it is just more ammunition about how he needs to be more organized :-)

3 comments:

S.u.s.a.n said...

Oh wow ... oops LOL

Guess that will teach her not to put clothes in garbage bags. If they were dark colored garbage bags - even worse!

If it makes you feel any better, I can totally see Wayne doing the same exact thing!

Anonymous said...

Yikes... not a good day to be S... LOL...

confusing said...

One year I picked up our items from layaway for Christmas. I put the stuff in garbage bags because I had no place to hide the items from the kids. The presents ended up outside by the dumpster and the garbage was in the closet. Luckily I discovered it BEFORE they picked up the trash.