It's that time of year again, school fundraiser time. Here in the McBecca household, it is in full swing. For this fundraiser, I've really been working hard on marketting the event, trying to bring in people outside of the parish and the school.
Today I received a letter in snail mail. This is usually something you see as SPAM in your email. It had six names on a list, and I was to send each of them a dollar. Then I was supposed to go to this website and buy a mailing list of 200 people and mail them all a letter, adding my name to the list and removing #1. I had to laugh.
And then I got to thinking. How could I pass up the opportunity to further market my fundraiser? So I grabbed six flyers, put them in an envelope, wrote a note that you need not be present to win and donations are accepted, and will be sending my flyers to those six folks. I can't be bothered to send them a dollar right now, but you never know, may the folks in PA, NJ and TX will buy one of my raffle tickets.
Just in case you are wondering, other than the school address on the flyer, nothing has any info about me on it. Oh, I crack myself up. ;-)
Friday, October 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment