I know I have a different way of thinking of things than most. The engineer in me is highly logical. I don't let my emotions get the best of me. Lately, being different like this has made me realize how often I sort of tilt my head off to the side in disbelief.
First I am different in the way I parent. I have expectations on how my kids behave. When they don't behave in the way it is expected of them, they lose privileges. Period. I'm not one for a reward system, not one to barter. You either behave the way I expect you to or there will be a problem.
Second is the way I think. I cross bridges when I get to them. I don't "what if" very well. I'm not very needy either. Do what you promise and you are good by me.
Lately, for some reason, I've been irked by watching others be terribly needy, or struggle with their kids. I want to scream "Just think of it logically and it will all work out!!". Yeah, not always that simple, but you get the gist.
I'm sure this doesn't make any sense to some. But those of you who I share a brain with will get it. Because you get me. Maybe I am not so different after all.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*Clap* *Clap* *Clap* Very well said. :)
I get exactly what you are saying!!!
Post a Comment