Yesterday was the Becca side of the family holiday celebration. All day on Saturday I worked to get the house in order and prepped food and fell into bed close to midnight. I was totally beat but was looking forward to most of the day. Set the alarm to get the roast in the oven at 6am because it takes 5-6 hours to cook and started the day so I could go watch K and J sing in the choir at church at 9am.
They did a wonderful job singing and we got home just after 10am. Soon thereafter, my parents arrived. I kept looking at my Dad because he looked really tired and his color wasn't good. Finally I asked him if something was wrong and he said he didn't feel well. Of course, he didn't elaborate so I proceeded to have to pull teeth to get answers. In a nutshell, he thought he was having a kidney stone episode (he had one 2 years ago on T-day so he knew how this would go).
What worried me the most was that when I suggested we go to the ER right now, he didn't even put up a fight. So by 11:30 am, we were sitting in the ER at a nearby hospital. Oh, it was horrible there! Someone who works in a hospital needs to explain how they can leave a man who was so obviously in excruciating pain for 3.5 HOURS sitting in their waiting room before they get to him. Couldn't they have put him out in the hall and at least administered some pain meds? I even tried talking to the triage nurse 3 times and we got nowhere. In any case, he had one stone they could see, about 4mm in size. They finally discharged him at 5:30pm.
Back at the house, DH and SIL and her family got to enjoy my yummy dinner which came out wonderful. PHEW! It was only my second time with this recipe and I was a bit nervous. Mom and I did run back to the house for an hour to eat so I at least got to taste it.
Once they discharged Dad he was too morphined out to drive and Mom was such a wreck that I offered to drive them home. Of course, that meant someone had to come and get me and thankfully SIL stepped up to the plate. I didn't get home until after 10pm! Ugh, what a day.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OMG Linda. I hope your Dad is much better. Maybe you can try another time to get together once he is better.
Kidney stones are no fun, hugs for you and your dad. I hope he is feeling better!
Ugh, your poor Dad! Sorry the day didn't turn out as planned. I glad you got to eat, though!
I hope your Dad is doing much better now. I am glad that dinner turned out great in spite of everything.
(((HUGS))) for your dad!! I am so sorry that the day turned out that way. I hope he feels better soon!!
(((HUGS)))) I hope your dad is feeling better.
Oh No My Mom and Dan have issues with stones I so know how you felt in the Hospital they did the same thing to Dan. I am glad Dad is doing better and you atleast got to taste your meal.
Post a Comment