Today I had an appointment with a specialist to talk about my thyroid. At the u/s they did in November, there was a concern that it was enlarged since the last u/s and the nodules on it had gotten bigger. So, today we drove into B*ston to speak with another doctor.
I really clicked with this doctor. She was an older woman, who had also had 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. She was an absolute dear. I don't think I have ever hugged my doctor, but she hugged me not once but twice during the visit. She even chased after me as I was leaving the office to tell me she is going to have my scan looked at by the leading thyroid specialist in the country.
Overall, she is not worried. She thinks the enlargement is due to the after effects of pg hormones and we wouldn't even have noticed it had I not had the other scan. I am having no issues so everything else is good. She is going to have the other doc take a look see, but we will repeat the u/s in a year and fingers crossed, I hope all is well then too.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great news Miss Lina!!!
Thats great that you clicked with her. I'm sure the results will be fine.
That's great news!
Greatt news, my Lina!
Great news!! I love when you can find a Doctor that just fits you. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Post a Comment