I've said it a thousand times, I do not understand people. I just read something on my Mommy board for N that just floors me.
Apparently a woman on my board worked at the checkin counter for a major airline a few years back. The airline had announced that many people who worked at that particular airport were being laid off after the holidays. A disgruntled passenger came to the desk ranting and raving about something. Now I will say, it never gets you anywhere to rant and rave like a lunatic at a person who has no control over your situation and he was wrong at what he did next. He told them he was happy they were all losing their jobs. That is wrong and that is horrible.
But what she did next is equally as wrong. As he walked away, she tore all identification off of his bag. His name tags, his destination tags, EVERYTHING! And then sent his bag on its way down the shoot. She giggled in her post that he was never going to see that bag again.
I am completely mortified. If that had been me at the counter, I would have nicely told him that I had no control over what he was ranting about and would have tried to calm him down. I might have even had an evil thought or two while dealing with him. But I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do what she did.
Am I in the minority here? Does everyone else in the world believe that it is OK to do something bad/wrong to someone if they do something bad/wrong first?
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That was wrong just plain wrong. She should be ashamed of herself not giggling about it.
That was very very wrong. Yes in that line of work it can be very frustrating but you must never retaliate.
That is so wrong. Maybe her next job will be at Burger King and she'll take to spitting on cheeseburgers...geez
Karma will repay her in spades!
That is sooo wrong. As my parents always told me (and now I say it to my kids LOL) "two wrongs don't make a right".
Post a Comment